Our vision is:
To be an outstanding provider of high quality joined up healthcare to local people in partnership with GPs, councils and local providers
We will achieve this vision over the next five years through attaining our strategic goals:
- Integrate models of care, by redesigning services around individuals’ needs and preferences. To achieve this we will partner with GPs, councils and local providers to ensure that the most appropriate care is provided in the right place at the right time.
- Ensure no decision about me without me, by working in partnership with our patients and service users to ensure they lead and own decisions about their care. We will support patients, service users and their carers to stay healthy and live independent lives as active members of society.
- Deliver efficient, effective services that improve outcomes for patients and service users, while providing value for every pound spent.
- Improve the health of local people through partnership with patients and service users. We will focus on improving life expectancy, reducing premature mortality and reducing health inequalities in our community. Treating all interactions as health promotion opportunities, identifying people at risk and intervening at an early stage are all central to achieving this.
- Change the way we work by building a culture of innovation and continuous improvement. By working flexibly and differently, we will ensure that quality and caring are at the heart of all we do. We will work with universities and others to develop new roles, continuing education, training programmes and research to deliver care that focuses on our population.