Membership, services and policies
Different library user groups receive different provisions and services.
Staff and students must bring their Trust/student ID cards and if eligible must agree to our membership regulations and fill out a membership form to register. Once registered you will be emailed your library username and password which allows you to login to the library catalogue.
Whittington Health staff:
- Membership to the library is free and available to all Whittington Health staff whatever your role, both on site or in the community.
- Your Trust ID card is your Library card and with it you’ll be able to borrow up to 6 books. You are entitled to free inter-library loans on books or articles that are not available from our stock and requests must be submitted electronically using the ILL request form.
- The Library provides you with access to 6 Trust PCs, 8 laptops, two community laptops and WiFi. Printing, scanning and photocopying are also available.
- You can sign up for any of the information training that we schedule as well as book a 1-2-1 tutorial session; we will even bring it to your desk! The Librarians are happy to visit your place of work to assist you in literature search training or to help facilitate a Journal Club. You are also entitled to request that a literature search be performed by a librarian on your behalf, just fill in this form giving as much detail as possible about your subject. For more information about any of the above, email the library at email@example.com
- UCL medical students working at the hospital can join the Library using their student ID cards and borrow up to 6 books. The Library provides you with 24 UCL networked PCs, 12 loanable laptops and WiFi access. Printing, scanning and photocopying are also available. All requests for Inter-library loans must be made at a UCL library.
Camden and Islington NHS Foundation staff:
- Membership to the library is free to all staff working for the mental health trust both at St Pancras and in the community. As a member of the library, you will be provided with a library card on registration and can borrow up to 6 books. Staff have access to 4 C&I networked laptops with personal drives, WiFi and printing. You are entitled to free inter-library loans on books or articles that are not held within our stock or available electronically, these must be submitted using the request form. Our full range of training is available to all C and I staff.
Middlesex University students:
- Placement students from Middlesex University have reference access only to the book stock. However you do have access to 10 (24hr) loanable laptops which you issue to yourself using your student ID card. Additionally you also have access to your University WiFi, free printing, scanning and photocopying. Any requests for inter-library loans must be made at the Hendon campus library or via UniHub.
- As a member you can borrow up to 6 books, browse the online catalogue and request items. You also have access to a specialised eBook collection which allows you to read books online (using your NHS OpenAthens username and password). You have access to 8 laptops in the library and these connect to the internet via the free Whittington WiFi. Services that are available to you include a Literature Searching service, an Inter-Library Loan service, free access to any training sessions held at the library and bookable 1-2-1 information skills training with a Librarian, and bookable meeting room. Email the library at firstname.lastname@example.org