To book a place on one of our training sessions or to find out more, call us on 020 7288 3580 or email email@example.com
Learn how to Devise and execute a good search strategy using both keyword and subject heading searches; search primary research databases effectively by combining searches using AND/OR operators; refine your results using limits; export, Email, Save your results.
- Wednesday 9th January 1pm - 3pm
- Tuesday 12th February 1pm - 3pm
- Thursday 7th March 2pm - 4pm
- Wednesday 24th April 1pm - 3pm
Introduction to the Critical Appraisal of Quantitative Research
Introduce the main concepts of critical appraisal of research, including CASP checklists; discuss features of quantitative research, including basic statistical concepts of power, presentation of results, confidence intervals and P values; appraise a quantitative paper (RCT) in detail, using the appropriate CASP checklist.
- Wednesday 23rd January 1pm - 4pm
- Wednesday 6th February 1pm - 4pm
- Friday 22nd March 1pm - 4pm
- Thursday 18th April 1pm - 4pm
Introduction to the Critical Appraisal of Qualitative Research
Learn how to understand key elements in the successful and accurate appraisal of a paper, discuss the features of qualitative research and the key terminology associated with it, and use a CASP checklist to critically appraise a qualitative research article.
- Monday 14th January 1pm - 3:30pm
- Wednesday 27th February 10:30am - 1pm
- Tuesday 26th March 1pm - 3:30pm
- Thursday 25th April 1pm - 3:30pm
Learn how to use this reference management software to store and organise your references, download references from databases like PubMed and HDAS, automatically manage and insert references in Microsoft Word, and sync references with Endnote Web, the online version of Endnote.
- Thursday 31st January 1pm - 2pm
- Thursday 21st February 1pm - 2pm
- Friday 15th March 12pm - 1pm
- Tuesday 9th April 1pm - 2pm