Working together we review, improve and contribute to the development of Whittington Health’s maternity services. We are interested in all aspects of a mother’s maternity care – from the booking appointment with a midwife to the handover to the health visiting team at around day 10 after the baby’s birth and everything in between.
As an independent body we are involved with local organisations and groups associated with the maternity services in Islington, Haringey and other local boroughs to support the implementation of the Better Births Initiative.
Get involved and have your say!
The Whittington MVP is open to everyone. We welcome contribution from parents to be, mums, dads, partners, health professionals and those who support mothers on their maternity journey. We want the MVP to represent everyone the Whittington Health maternity service cares for.
- Share your feedback and ideas through our live survey
- Share your lived experience at a quarterly workshop or at a Mothers’ Voices session
- Tell others about the MVP or share your birth story on our social media
- Join our mailing list and keep up to date with what we’re doing
- Be part of a working group to discuss and develop a particular maternity initiative
- Become a member of the MVP and share the views of others. You will need to be able to regularly attend MVP meetings and actively get involved with initiatives of the group
- Follow us on social media by finding us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter using the handle @WhittingtonMVP
We want to hear from families who have given birth at the Whittington, or with the home birth team, in the last three years. Whether your feedback is good or constructive, your comments will help improve the support and services for pregnant people in Islington and Haringey.
Share your feedback through our live survey and/or attend our next Mothers’ Voices sessions.
Our quarterly workshops are regular structured meetings set on a specific theme that help shape the Whittington Health maternity service decisions and make sure parents’ voices are being heard.
- Thursday 9 June
- Thursday 8 September
- Thursday 8 December
- Thursday 12 May 2022 (time and location to be confirmed soon)
- Thursday 10 November 2022 (time and location to be confirmed soon)
Ask the Midwife Webinars
These monthly Ask the Midwife Webinars are your chance to ask our maternity experts from the Whittington your questions. Maybe you would like to understand what happens in an induction, or learn about a homebirth or a caesarean birth. Each month we will focus on a topic and put your questions to team.
Our next webinar will take place on Friday 20 May from 2-2.45pm and will focus on inductions.
Meeting ID: 874 0352 6186
Meet our Co-Chairs
Co-chairs Anna Lawton and Mayani Muthuveloe are both mothers of Whittington babies. Before becoming chairs, they were involved in the MVP first by sharing their maternity experiences and then representing the parent voice at working groups and Whittington MVP project initiatives. As well as chairing the quarterly workshops they facilitate the delivery of projects identified to improve the maternity experience at the Whittington and ensure the mothers voice is present at maternity service meetings.
Get in touch with Anna and Mayani by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on Facebook, Twitter or on Instagram using the handle @whittingtonmvp (Please be patient with any acknowledgement, as this is a flexible 3-day a month role and emails are checked every two days or so).