Care of Older People
The department provides in and outpatient services run by five consultants, supported by a multidisciplinary team of specialist doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, nutritionists and social workers. The Department also work closely with Whittington Health community staff, engages community services and voluntary organisations to ensure the care delivered are joined up.
The majority of the care of the older patient services are based on the Great Northern Building at Level 6 of the Whittington Hospital. Inpatient services are provided within designated care of the older patient wards.
There is a dedicated care of the older patient outpatient services. These services are delivered in the Dorothy Warren Day Hospital and include, general medical follow up, memory clinic, falls management, tissue viability and physiotherapy clinics. Other clinics take place at the hospitalís main outpatient department.
- GP by fax or postal
- Following inpatient admission
- Internal referrals from other specialities within the hospital setting including from accident and emergency
- Community Matrons
Haringey Age Uk
Cavell Ward: 020 7288 5443
Cloudesley Ward: 020 7288 5448
Meyrick Ward: 020 7288 5447
Dorothy Warren Day Hospital: 020 7288 5081
We are here to help you and are always eager to improve things. If you have a query or would like to make a suggestion, or wish to contact us for any other reason, please write to:
c/o Matron for Care of the Older Patient
Dorothy Warren Day Hospital
Alternatively, you can speak to the matron on the following number 020 7288 5104.
- Alendronic Acid - Information about your Medicine
- Bladder - A healthy bladder leaflet
- Bridges Rehabilitation Unit - a patients guide
- Continence in the confused elderly
- Delirium - A guide for carers
- Dementia - Simple ways to help someone living with dementia
- Memory problems
- STOPfalls - Reducing falls in hospital - Information for patients and carers