Bladder and Bowel Care Service
Welcome to the Bladder and Bowel Care Service
We are a team of specialist nurses, physiotherapists and health care assistants and together we help people manage bladder & bowel problems.
We see men and women with a range of bladder and bowel issues.
- Stress incontinence: a urine leak when you cough, sneeze, run, or exert yourself
- Urge incontinence: a urine leak after a strong and sudden urge to pass urine
- Overactive bladder: needing to pass urine more than 8 times a day
- Nocturia: - waking up more than 1 once per night
- Mixed urinary incontinence: a mix of the above
- Bowel incontinence: the inability to hold wind or stools
- Constipation: difficulty passing stools and straining
- Mild and moderate Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Prolapse
- Bedwetting – wetting whilst sleeping
As a team we are aware how distressing and embarrassing problems with the bladder and bowel can be so on this website you will find useful information to start making a difference to your bladder and bowel health straight away. Lifestyle changes and pelvic floor exercises can make a great difference to your symptoms.
Please find more details about how to improve your bladder and bowel health, and how to manage your condition in the ‘Advice on managing my condition’ tab on the right, or click here.
Last updated24 Jan 2023