The Bridge Trust London
The Bridge London is an academy trust which delivers specialist provision to children & young people with Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC) across a number of specialist sites:
- The Bridge School is a large special school which provides for pupils aged 2- 19 years with severe learning difficulties and/or autism. Children at the school have difficulties with communication and sensory processing. It is based across two sites, a Primary site and a Secondary Site.
- The Bridge Satellites provides for students with ASC/ learning needs who benefit from a specialist inclusive mainstream environment.
- The Bridge Integrated Learning Space provides a student centred approach for 25 pupils with Autism and very complex needs which often include differences in communication and interaction, emotional regulation and sensory processing differences.
The Health team at the Bridge Schools consists of Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Dieticians, Nurses, Health Care Assistants, Therapy Assistants and Pediatricians. We work closely with families, children and young people, teachers and school staff and other professionals to support each child and their specific needs.
Some of the interventions we provide include:
These are some of the areas that the health team can support:
- Self regulation & sensory needs.
- Participation and independence skills in daily activities
- Assessment and provision of specialist equipment
- Advice and support on housing needs and home safety
- Attention for learning and interaction
- Promoting & developing communication and interaction
- Specialist support with alternative and augmentative communication (AAC) systems
- Advice and support on public health issues and medical conditions
- Advice on weight, growth, diet.
- Multidisciplinary interventions to support eating, drinking and swallowing needs.
- Medical Clinics that take place regularly at school.
For more information about the Bridge School please visit https://www.thebridgelondon.co.uk/