Diabetes Self-Management Programme
What is the Diabetes Self-Management Programme?
The Diabetes Self-Management Programme is a free seven week self-management course for people who have had a diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes for more than 3 months.
Over seven three hour sessions you will develop the confidence, knowledge and practical skills to better manage your Type 2 diabetes.
If you live with Type 2 diabetes or care for someone who does, then this could be the course for you. You will need to live or have a GP in Islington or Haringey.
Click the link below to view or download information on our Diabetes Self-Management Programme.
Is the Diabetes Self-Management Programme for me?
Each course is led by a health professional and by someone who lives with Type 2 diabetes and understands the challenges you face. Sessions are delivered in small friendly groups across Islington and Haringey.
The programme is designed to give you a taster of a number of self- management strategies so that you can take away and practice the ones that you feel are most helpful to you.
By taking part you can learn to:
- Feel more confident to manage your Type 2 diabetes
- Improve your emotional wellbeing
- Improve your quality of life
- Feel more able to talk to your healthcare professionals and family about your health and make decisions together
- Feel more confident about planning ahead
- Increase your knowledge about your health
- Improve your Type 2 diabetes control
- Meet others and share similar experiences
We provide courses in English and Turkish.
What our Patients said about the Programme
Last updated05 Apr 2023