Last updated20 Nov 2019 15:13
- Whittington Hospital
- N19 5NF
- 020 7288 5692
The gastroenterology unit at the Whittington aims to provide a comprehensive, dynamic and high quality service to our patients in North London.
The department consists of four consultants supported by an associate specialist, two specialist registrars as well as three clinical nurse specialists, and provides the full range of out-patient general and specialist gastroenterology clinics.
In addition, the clinical nurse specialists provide a GI helpline to provide access for patients with chronic disease, as well as an innoavative telephone virtual clinic. In-patient services are provided on a dedicated gastroenterology ward.
The service also runs a busy 3 room endoscopy unit, undertaking more than 6000 diagnostic and therapeutic procedures per year, as well as providing a 24/7 emergency endoscopy service.
Please contact us using the GP Helpline email for patients and GP enquiry
020 7288 5692
contact Lourdes Cumlat, Gastroenterology Nurse Specialist, on ext 5692.
Referrals accepted via Appointment office as Choose and Book, Red Top Referral (within the Trust).
- 13C Urea Breath Test Leaflet
- Bowel Preparation Instructions for Flexible Sigmoidoscopy (Phosphate Enema)
- Colonic and Pan-Enteric Capsule Endoscopy
- Continence in the confused elderly
- Diverticular Disease
- Endoscopic procedure FAQs
- Fibroscan Information Sheet
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy
- Liver Biopsy
- Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation (PTNS)
- Rectal Bleeding
- Small Bowel Capsule Endoscopy (No Dummy)
- Small Bowel Capsule Endoscopy (WITH dummy)
- Undergoing a procedure
- Upper GI Endoscopy and Dilation (EIDO)
- Why have I been referred urgently to hospital?