Day Treatment Centre (DTC)
- The Whittington Hospital
- N19 5NF
- Reception 020 7288 3824
The Whittington’s Day Treatment Centre is a brand new healthcare facility based at the Whittington Hospital, designed to put your needs first, providing pre-planned surgery and diagnostic procedures for NHS patients. We choose day surgery whenever possible, as it minimises the amount of time you need to spend in hospital and recovery is quicker, reducing the disruption to your daily life. The Whittington’s Day Treatment Centre has four state of the art operating theatres and three endoscopy treatment rooms, plus an interventional imaging suite and minor procedure room, putting the hospital at the forefront of day case treatment in London. We know that day case treatment is popular with patients and with the opening of our new, modern Day Treatment Centre we are able to increase both the number and type of procedures performed.
Discharge: 020 7288 4433
Graham Booth - service manager
Why choose the Whittington Day Treatment Centre At the Whittington Day Treatment Centre we believe we can provide a superior patient experience. You are the central focus of the care we provide, from your arrival to the follow up when you go home.
- We only do pre-planned procedures so your scheduled visit will be for a time that suits you
- The best NHS treatment in the largest purpose-built day treatment centre in North London. Our surgeons and anaesthetists are experienced NHS staff who will be using the most up to date equipment and techniques. We are recognised by the Department of Health and the British Association of Day Surgery as being one of the leading providers of day surgery in the country
- Friendly and personal care. Our staff will explain things to you on your arrival and give you full advice when you are ready to go home
- A modern, clean environment. At the Whittington Hospital we have strict anti-infection procedures and great care is taken to reduce the risk of infection at every stage of your treatment. All staff have undertaken infection control training. Regular national and local environment surveys reflect our ever-improving standards of cleanliness.
- We have strict anti-infection procedures and great care is taken to reduce the risk of infection at every stage of your treatment. All staff have undertaken infection control training. Regular national and local environment surveys reflect our ever-improving standards of cleanliness. The risk of infection is extremely low for patients having day case procedures. Please have a look at our short film 'Infection Control at The Whittington Hospital'.
Monday to Friday
7.30am to 8pm
7.30am to 8pm
Out of Hours
020 7288 5445
Last updated21 Apr 2022