Adolescent Outreach Team (AOT)
The Adolescent Outreach Team (AOT) is a specialist team of professionals from a range of backgrounds including adolescent psychiatry, clinical psychology, nursing and social work.
We are a multidisciplinary team who specialise in working with young people, aged 13-18, from Islington who are experiencing a range of mental health problems that are seriously affecting their everyday life and functioning. The problems are likely to be longstanding and will have made attending other services difficult. As a result, it may be a struggle for the young person to manage school; former interests may no longer be enjoyable and there may be increasing isolation from family and friends.
A proportion of the young people we work with are at risk of hospital admission or need an intensive community approach to support discharge from hospital. We aim to provide a service for risky young people and reduce the frequency and duration of hospital admissions.
- Provide a holistic assessment of young people’s mental health and find out what their behavioural and emotional needs are
- Work intensively with the young person. We can see a young person up to 5 times a week if necessary; the frequency can be changed depending on need
- Provide a young person with a case manager who will meet them on a regular basis
- Offer a flexible approach. We can work with the young person in their home, the nearby community or at their school if required
- Signpost and refer young people to different services if felt necessary.
Page last updated: 26 Feb 2018