The Library offers the following training courses, to book a place or find out more, call us on 020 7288 3580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Very useful to be able to read literature in a critical way. Enables me to feel confident in the literature that I'm using to support my evidence based practise - Library Survey 2019
Learn how to devise and execute a good search strategy using both keyword and subject heading searches, search primary research databases effectively by combining searches using AND/OR operators, refine your results using limits; export, email, save your results.
- Monday 29th July 10.00-12.00
- Thursday 22nd August 14.30-16.30
- Tuesday 17th September 13.30-15.30
- Wednesday 30th October 14.00-16.00
Introduction to the Critical Appraisal of Quantitative Research
Introduce the main concepts involved in critical appraisal of research, including CASP checklists, discuss features of quantitative research, including basic statistical concepts of power, presentation of results, confidence intervals and P values; appraise a quantitative paper (RCT) in detail, using the appropriate CASP checklist.
- Wednesday 7 August 13.30-16.30
- Wednesday 4 September 13.30-16.30
- Wednesday 2 October 13.30-16.30
Introduction to the Critical Appraisal of Qualitative Research
Learn how to understand key elements in the successful and accurate appraisal of a paper, discuss the features of qualitative research and the key terminology associated with it, and use a CASP checklist to critically appraise a qualitative research article.
- Wednesday 24th July 13:00-15:30
- Monday 12 August 10.00-12.30
- Wednesday 11 September 14.00-16.30
- Monday 14 October 10.00-12.30
Endnote is bibliographic management software designed to simplify the process of citing references. You can use it to:
- Store your and organise your references
- Download references from databases like PubMed and HDAS
- Automatically manage and insert references in Microsoft Word
- Sync references with Endnote Web the online version of Endnote
Endnote is available for staff working for Whittington Health Trust. Contact email@example.com to request installation. You will need to provide the asset number of the laptop or PC where you want the programme installed.
The library provides 1-to-1 training sessions for Endnote on request. This will cover how to download, store and organise your references, as well as how to insert references into documents and sync references with the online version of Endnote.
If you would like to book a session please contact the library on firstname.lastname@example.org.